Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I Have Ombre Layer Bug in Me!

There are many ways to do ombre layering (or gradient) style in cold process soap, but I like the way I do it!  Again, if you are curious about how I do it with one bucket, 6 layers plus thin pencil line, you can watch my youtube video: Making Ombre Layer Soap

Now that I have done it with bleeding colors and non bleeding colors to get different effects on the layering look, I don't want to do the same old same old again.  Let's see the summary:
 Bleeding vs.Non-bleeding
Two Color Bleeding Layering
and last but not least, Two Color Bleeding Mirror Direction Layering
 In my previous post I put a twist to this style by bleeding 2 colors from dark to light then light back to dark in 8 layers, topped with melt & pour soap embeds and blueberry seed for texture.  That is one complicated batch to make and requires much planning ahead.  AND, I used one bucket only!  Like I said, I have this ombre bug in me and I need to flush it out of my system, LOL  What else can I do to have a new spin to the old style?!  I went from making 6 layers to 8 layers and now I present you the 11 layer hot mama zebra!  This one has 3 color gradient look, can you tell?!  This is Vesta (Goddess of sacred fire)!

Sorry this time I broke my one bucket rule, LOL, I used 2!


14 comments:

  1. I love your blog you know the wonderful congratulations to you!
    small white ball on top is what? you put a lot and I think it's great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, Thanks for the compliment! The small white balls are sugar balls used for cake and dessert decoration. They are made of sugar and edible. You can buy them in stores that sells bakery supplies.

      Delete
    2. agreed thank you and congratulations again!

      Delete
  2. Layers look great. I love the black in between.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, you're restless indeed!! Still got that bug in you? What's for dinner :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see, I don't use my kitchen for cooking food, I use it for cooking soap! LOL

      Delete
  4. I love the black layers. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one aaaaaaamazing soap!! How long did it take you to make it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, it took too long... I tried to hurry up because this FO tends to accelerates trace, and it did. But to mix and pout 11 layers alternating 2 colors at a time is just time consuming. THAT finally got my last bit of bug out, LOL. I'm officially pooped...

      Delete
  6. This soap is quite a feast for the eyes! It's gorgeous. I really enjoy your posts and videos. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I am just stunned by this Ombre soap, it is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. an amazing soap! great idea this ombre with 3 colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so talented. You are a soap artist for sure. This soap is beautiful. But, all your soaps are wonderful. I look forward to each and every one of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous layering! A little bit of planning can reap huge rewards :) Fabulous execution.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis