Thursday, February 2, 2012

Mouth Watering Ginger Lime

I've made gradation soap before, or I called it ombre style soap.  Usually I use non-bleeding stable colorants for this kind of gradation.  Non-bleeding colorants make the gradation look more like geological canyon formation, you can see the defined lines between shades.  This time, I was going for the opposite, using bleeding colorants to make the gradation smooth and seamless.  The technique is exactly the same as my ombre soap, if you have not seen my video yet, click here: Making Ombre Layer Soap 
It will still take time for the colors to bleed into each other.  But I'm expecting by the end of cure time that gradation should be smooth and seamless.  Guess how many layers I poured?  8!
This batch is scented with Ginger Lime, a fragrance I totally forgotten I bought.  It popped out when I was digging into my fragrance boxes looking for something else (I need help organizing my over flowing fragrance collection!).  And I thought maybe it's telling me to use it!

12 comments:

  1. That is lovely, I really really like it! Love the colours and the fragrance sounds nom.

    Should I tell you that Titch went through all my FOs and organised them alphabetically into boxes for me? Nah, maybe I shouldn't say that to you LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is gorgeous, Emily! I have that same scent sitting on my counter (one of the best, imo). It will be the next batch I make when I'm over this flu. I love your version!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how sunny and bright! I love it and think that the cure is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! Love that fragrance too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, lovely. Really good result.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutly stunning!!! The colors are perfekt, great soap!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layers and a great looking soap!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG,I love so much this soap, look´s DIVINE!
    love&bless,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis